Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sales tax, not income tax

This morning's op-ed page of the News-Herald published an article by Mr. Richard Prunty of Mentor. Mr. Prunty's article exemplifies our First Amendment rights protecting our rights to say and write with freedom. Good for you Mr. Prunty.

I'm sorry I lost my credibility with Mr. Prunty with my blog on Obamacare and he certainly has the right to mistrust any of my future blogs. I had two uncles, a cousin, and a close friend who gave their lives in military combat protecting our First Amendment rights.

Please know Mr. Prunty that I will do all I can to gain some modicum of credibility with you  in any of my blogs I encourage and hope you may read in the future. Also know, and this is important. I do not publish any facts on my blogs without researching their validity.

It's relatively obvious Mr. Prunty that you didn't read the 2,970 pages of Obamacare. Please don't feel bad. Millions of Americans, along with our own members of the House & Senate didn't read the bill either. Not to belabor her remarks, but I'm sure you recall then-Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi when she giggled at the podium, "you have to read the bill to find out what's in it". 

Did you read the 2,970 pages Mr. Prunty? I would guess you haven't yet. But then I could be wrong. Maybe you did take the time to real ALL   2,970 pages. If you have you have something on me, along with most elected members of Congress.

Now, Mr. Prunty, as I've written earlier, I will offer my opinions in my blogs, and they are just my own personal opinions, but please know I research the truth of the facts that I present in my blogs, and stand by them.

So, Mr. Prunty, you certainly have every right to call my facts "untruths", and I might have done the same had I not researched the facts, and it shows possibly you didn't.

If not my facts, would you accept the facts presented by the National Association of Realtors? Ir maybe visit www.gop.gov to look up the pages and paragraphs of Obamacare where my facts are published for public record. You see, Mr. Prunty, I did. These documents will highlight the pages of paragraphs where these facts are cited.

Perhaps, this is where you "misread" President Obama's directive: Presidnt Obama stated he would not raise income taxes on any single person grossing under $200,000., a year, or a family grossing less than $250,000., per year.

However, Mr. Prunty, this does not encompass the sale of your home. What my facts, and the facts of the National Association of Realtors, and stated in www.gop.gov will reflect that regardless, yes, regardless of your yearly income you will, I repeat, will pay a 3.8% sales tax on the the sale of your home. The operative words here are sales tax, and not income tax. 

Your annual income has no bearing on the sales tax you must pay on the sales tax of your sold home.

Mr. Prunty with these facts, I hope I have restored some modicum of credibility with you, and I encourage to continue reading my blogs. And please feel free to challenge any of my facts and views. I welcome them.

And that's Politics with Pete for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks