Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fair & Balanced

I have six children and nine grandchildren. The ages of my grandchildren range in age from 27 to 5 years of age. I won't give the ages of my children, as the two oldest are women, and they will kill me if I gave out their ages.  They all know I'm a "news junkie", and you can just imagine the teasing and razzing I take from all fifteen of them.

Most of them agree with my strong conservative views and narratives, But they would never agree with me personally. They get more fun teasing me. They even tease me about being a published blogger for the News-Herald. There are debates at times, but never is a word uttered with a personal attack.They really love and respect the old man.  I am truly blessed with all fifteen of them, along with their husbands, wives, boyfriends and girlfriends.


Sunday we celebrated my granddaughter's birthday picnic, along with meeting her boyfriend's family for the first time. Before we left the house I promised my wife I would not bring up politics for discussion.  However, within the first hour of meeting all these wonderful people, someone leaked that I was a news junkie and blogged for the News-Herald. 


The birthday picnic party was crowded with uncles, aunts, family friends, and even infants. 
Hey, there were some strong Democrat union folks there too. Not a voice was raised, nothing but pure respect, even with strong disagreement, among us.  In fact it was so civil there are some radio and TV news outlets that could have learned something by attending the picnic.


What was the basic ingredient? Yes, you're right; respectively listening to the other points of view without personally attacking them because they happen to disagree with you. They all knew I was a strong Governor Romney supporter. There were no lies, nor attacks on Romney, while strong liberal Democrats disagreed with my views.


OK Peter what's this blog about? Well, this morning I was in the Dr.'s waiting room. On the TV was a cable TV morning news program. Now, it's a fact this network is in last place in the ratings. The receptionist would not change the channel, so I sat there trying to be objective listening to the delivery of the newscaster. However, it was easy to understand why this network is in last place in ratings.


This is where I'm not going to waste time on the lowly rated network. Rather I'd like to focus on the great American people of this great American country.


If you ask American people they will tell you there are plenty of TV and radio networks that you tune into for entertainment only. When Americans want truthful news they demand truthful news. They don't want news that's biased and full of untruths and personal attacks.


I am faithful to Fox News, and I'm sure there are many critics who read this will attack me for watching Fox. Everyone has a choice to make when watching the news. But I really don't care if you're a Democrat, Republican, or Independent you can't lie that you want your news to be fair and balanced and offer the truth.


So I'm going to close with a question to my critics? What is the number one cable TV news network on the cable? Why does O'Reilly beat all of MSNBC programs combined, not just Ed Schultz? A new show on Fox, The Five at 5:00 EST, is on opposite a veteran newscaster that has many years experience, Christ Matthews. The Five even has a strong liberal Democrat on the show. The Five easily out-rates Christ Matthews Hardball very easily.


I would like someone to tell me why is Fox ranked number one, while the other networks are a distant, very distant 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Why do more, many more Americans tune into Fox News when they want the truthful news fair & balanced? I really don't want to read your junk on why you hate Fox. That's your prerogative, and I respect it.Tune into the program you want.


I just want you to tell me why, why do millions of Americans tune into Fox more than all the other news cable TV networks COMBINED. Anyone can throw stones at something they don't like, but it may be hard to remain objective. Try it...might make you feel good. That's if you want truthful news.


And that's Politics with Pete for today







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks