Sunday, July 15, 2012

Got great idea

Recently our Attorney General, Eric Holder, spoke at the NAACP convention. In order to facilitate the large crowd and maintain an orderly manner a photo I.D. was required for entrance into the Houston NAACP convention for everyone, yes everyone.

For clarification please let me repeat that. To witness the Attorney General, Eric Holder speaking at the NAACP Convention a photo I.D. was required to enter and participate.

Now, is this the same Attorney General that is suing Texas and other states for requiring a photo I.D. to enter the voting polls this November?

Is this the same Attorney General that is accusing the state of Texas as "attempting a poll tax, similar to the Jim Crow era,  to restrict minorities from voting"?

The state of Texas has offered free photo I.D.'s, and even free transportation to individuals to go to places to receive photo I.D.'s at no cost to the individual. Is this the same Attorney General that is still going ahead with the lawsuit against Texas?

A young lady from San Antonio, Texas claims that even with the free photo I.D., and free transportation she just doesn't have time to get a photo I.D.  Now, just one more question.  Is this the same Attorney General that on taxpayer's money flew this young lady to Washington to address a committee that she didn't have enough time to get a photo I.D. 

This young lady doesn't have time in Texas to get a photo I.D. and transportation with no cost to her, but has time to fly to Washington to address a committee.

Here's my idea. We need to get medical science to clone Attorney General Eric Holder and have him placed in every voting location this November. Then it will be law that everyone will have to present a photo I.D. as a requirement to vote.

OK, we can't clone Holder, and by the way who would want to, but maybe a large life-like poster of him at all voting sites across the country, and tell everyone they need a photo I.D. to get in, and if they do they can have their picture taken next to the poster. 

Great idea huh?

And that's Politics with Pete for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks