Monday, July 9, 2012

Attitude? - Values?

While campaigning in Parma, Ohio a few days ago President Obama declared that the middle class didn't mean so much economics, as much as it meant attitude and values.

So I went to Giant Eagle, shopped, and filled up my shopping cart. When I arrived at the check out counter the cashier rang everything up, and informed me I owed $103.85.  I informed her I didn't have any money, but I sure had a great attitude and lots of solid moral values. Everything in my shopping cart was returned to the store shelves.

My point is most of us Americans have solid moral Judeo-Christian values, and a strong attitude. However, take all your values and your good attitude to the local grocery store and see what that buys you.

My wife and I have six children and nine grandchildren, and are part of this so called "middle class", however at 77 years young if my Ohio Lotto numbers come through tonight I will be thrilled to jump from the middle class to the "one-percenters".

In fact, any of you middle class people who read this blog today that would NOT like to rise up from the middle class to the one percent please write me, and give me your attitude and valued reasons why you want to stay in the middle class.  Please.

Mr. President, the middle class is not an attitude or a set of values.  The middle class is defined as what is left in your check book after all your financial obligations are met every month.

The middle class is defined as struggling to find a way to pay for food and/or clothes for your growing children; find a way to pay for this September's college tuition.

Mr. President, do you think you can convince your close friend George Soros to "step" back from the one percenters to the middle class? What would've happened if Donald Trump, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, etc., would have been just satisified with middle class status?

Most people today, in the middle class, are afraid of their status in the middle class. They are worried about the economy, jobs, and the future of their children and grandchildren.

Mr. President, let me guarantee you that the middle class is an economic status, and all of us in the middle class would love to rise up to the one percenters. It is not just about attitudes and values.

And I'll close with hopes and prayers to our young children and grandchildren that they will always have the opportunities to rise up from the middle to the one percent.   

By the way, Mr. President, I have a few friends in the one percent status, and they have great values, and a solid attitude towards this great country.

And that's Politics with Pete for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks