Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tribute to my President

I felt a warm feeling of gratitude watching the dedication of former President G.W. Bush's Presidential library at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. The TV special highlighting significant areas of the library made me feel grateful and richly rewarded that I voted in both of his campaigns for this great American.

Can you imagine the pride his parents, Bush #41 and G.W.'s mother Barbara felt during the dedication? Can you imagine the pride G.W. felt that his parents were there to witness this heroic dedication? I even gave Clinton and Carter a "pass" for attending to acknowledge this great day. Wasn't it nice of Hitler Jr. to cancel a golf game or basketball game or a vacation to also attend? And wasn't it nice that Hitler Jr.'s wife to cancel a shopping vacation to also attend?

We should also applaud Fox News' Dana Perino for her TV special of "Bush-43". It was great to see the dedication of former press secretary Perino to her former boss, as she hosted this great TV special. President Bush's reaction to 9-11 and the highlights of he and Laura's work on fighting AIDS were on display for all to see. My wife and I were so proud to watch this on TV.

During the TV commercial breaks of this tribute to G.W. I switched over to MSNBC. I actually had to chuckle. While the other TV networks were broadcasting tributes to former President Bush, MSNBC had anchors and guests on their network just spewing lies and personal attacks at former President Bush. It was so disgraceful, but I wouldn't let their ignorance and disrespect to deter from my feelings of gratitude for President Bush.

This beautiful library reflected on President G.W. Bush's life from birth through his upbringing by his parents, his high school days, his relationships with his siblings, and of course his life with his wife Laura, and their children. You could just feel the pride in the air as the lives of the entire Bush family was there on display for the world to embrace and enjoy.

Of course you know where I'm going with this.I've got so much more to say on the subject of presidential legacies, but as a writer, speaker, and classroom facilitator I don't want to overstay my blogging time today. So I'm going to write a follow up blog on this topic tomorrow. I'll even give you the topic: "Really?-Hitler Jr.'s legacy". 

Please take the time to read it tomorrow. I'm going to enjoy writing it. In the meantime please pay a tribute, in your own way, to our great former President G.W. Bush. Thank you.

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country..and our troops.
(P.S. and don't forget Benghazi)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks