Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's us against them

My doctor tells me that I have to go to the gym at least every other day, and not just to stare at the young ladies. He actually made me promise I'd work out for at least 90 minutes and break a sweat. 

But, you know, it's not easy for a 77-year old to go through the tough gym exercises every other day. Nevertheless, I promised to do it, and to help me get through these rigorous tasks I often day dream to help me forget how tough it is on the weight machines and biking on the stationary bike.

So this morning at the gym my thoughts drifted into a series of "what ifs". Let's start with Hitler Jr.'s infamous Obamacare. What if Barry Saetero were a Caucasian Republican? With a Democrat controlled House and Senate do you think that abomination of a health care plan would have passed?

Let's talk about the media now OK? If Barry Saetero was a Caucasian Republican do you think Chris Matthews of MSNBC would still get a thrill up his leg when Barry spoke? Would Martin Bashir of MSNBC broadcast on his show that "a child of a Republican Congressperson should get shot down, and then maybe Republicans would vote for the gun ban law".

If Barry were a Caucasian Republican, and was pro-life,  do you think that just maybe ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, and MSNBC would broadcast news about the evil Dr. Gosness that is on trial for butchering failed abortions? Yeah, I kind of think they would.

Wow, this day dreaming stuff sure helps to make the gym time go faster. Hey, what if Barry Saetero were a Caucasian Republican President? Would these fawning networks dare to reflect how he has increased our country's welfare and nanny state to the highest it's been since the Great Depression? 

Do you think that if Barry Saetero were a Caucasian Republican that we would have the answers we need as to what really happened in Benghazi? 

How about the infamous sequester cuts? How would ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and MSNBC spin the story that this Caucasian Republican, Barry Saetero,  shut the doors to the White House to tours, eliminated Fleet Week, and shut down our famous Blue Angels? 

If Barry were a Caucasian Republican President don't you think just a little that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, and MSNBC would be more fair and truthful in their reporting to the American people?  Do you think these networks would stop "cherry-picking" stories about Barry's golf game, his basketball playing, where his family goes on vacation, his college basketball bracket picks....all while our economy is failing? I bet they would stop.
 

Do you think ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and MSNBC would start broadcasting that Barry the Caucasian President has raised our national debt higher than all presidents before him COMBINED? Would these networks bother to report that millions of Americans are fleeing the work force at the fastest pace ever in history?

If Barry were a Caucasian Republican President do you think he would spend more time on our failing economy instead of trying to repeal our Second Amendment rights to take away our right to secure and bear arms, all the while instructing the Department of Homeland Security to purchase more ammunition and war tanks?

Finally, I daydreamed that if Barry were a Caucasian Republican President we would see an authentic copy of his birth certificate, his travel passport, and all his college grades. If he were a Caucasian Republican President he would be proud to show these documents to the Americans that voted him into office, instead of hiding the documents. Then I started to daydream that just maybe he does have something he doesn't want the American people to find.

Suddenly the timer on my stationary bike rang to let me know my thirty-five minutes on the bike had expired. Hey, that day dreaming sure helped get me through my gym workout. Maybe next time I'll day dream what if Harry Reid lost his Senate election. 

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country...and our troops

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks