Saturday, June 1, 2013

Be kind

I'm very proud of my background. My favorite roles are husband, father, grandfather, and patriot. I'm a writer, facilitator, and taught classes in public speaking. I spent four years as the media relations spokesperson for the California branch of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

I wrote several articles for a northeast Ohio newspaper, and was eventually invited to join their media lab to write political blogs under the name "Politics with Pete". I informed the editors that the views in my blogs would be slanted to the "right", as I was not a fan of the policies of the Obama administration. 

The editors of the media lab said that was fine as they had invited a young female college student into the blog writing media lab that embraced a pro-Obama point of view, and was "left-leaning". It was interesting to have blogs with opposite political views. While we disagreed, and would "argue" our views in our blogs, but what was gratifying was there was never any lies or personal attacks. We respected each other while agreeing to disagree.

Then another blogger was invited, and this blogger virtually "chased" me out of the lab. This blogger attacked my blogs with lies, personal attacks, and severe gutteral swearing-spewing.
He went so far as to threaten me, writing that he was going to report me to the NCAA, CIA, FBI, the local police, and even the newspapers editors. Don't know why, as I never swore or lied. I just proved how wrong he was. Just to prove how far into left field he was, he said MSNBC and Christ Matthews had more viewers than Fox and O'Reilly respectively.

I offered to meet with him in the editor's office, but he just blogged back with more lies, swearing, and personal attacks. He was a strong anti-gun advocate, and claimed in one of his blogs that my wife probably caressed the barrel of my gun similar to how she might caress another part of my body, and the the bullet firing out of the barrel of the gun was similar to my sexual ejaculation.

The frosting on the cake came when, I had written in a previous blog that one of my daughters was a lesbian. This man wrote horrible gutteral comments about the gay-lesbian community.
The editors informed me he was protected under the First Amendment, and therefore I decided to leave the newspaper's media lab and join the Tea Party Community website.

I have been extremely proud to have one-hundred blogs posted in the Tea Party Community website, and look forward to writing my daily blog, "Politics with Pete". I'm dedicated to writing blogs to help in any way possible to get our Senate back and keep our House in the 2014 mid-term elections. When I'm asked where I stand politically I always reply, "I'm even 'right' of Rush". I'm proud to write for the TPC site and will continue to do so.

However, I must write that I have read several blogs and comments on the site with slanderous anti-gay and anti-lesbian writings. Many TPC writers even support their comments with biblical writings.  Do you really think God cares about your sexual orientation? Of course not.

Folks, with Hitler Jr.'s scandals we have problems that need our attention and perusal much more than someone's sexual orientation. For me personally, I can't fathom being in a homosexual life-style. I've been in love with the opposite sex since I was twelve.

My wife and I have five daughters, and the oldest is a lesbian. She's a beautiful gorgeous woman, holder of two Masters Degrees, has a great career, and her and her partner Catherine have adopted a boy, and are doing a great job of raising him. He's in Jr. College now.

When I think of my daughter I don't think of her sexual orientation. I think of what she has accomplished in life, her career, and how bright and promissing her future is looking. At their civil union ceremony there were lesbian doctors, lawyers, teachers, and even a councilwoman in attendance. Almost every person there came up to me and told me what a wonderful woman my daughter is. It was so uplifting to hear that about my girl.  Do you think I gave any thought to her sexual orientation? Of course not.

Including me there were only three men out of fifty people at the reception. After the other two men left they were all teasing me that I was the only man there. There was so much fun, laughter, and love in that room. At the ritual father-daughter dance we both shed tears thanking each other for everything we meant to each other. She gave me an extra squeeze and said, "thanks Dad for being so understanding, loving, and supportive of me from the beginning".  My only response was, "hey, loving you is one of the easiest things I've ever done".

I'd like to suggest to each of you who write anti-gay and anti-lesbian comments in the TPC website to do what I did. When my daughter informed me she was a lesbian I went to the local library and checked out two books that focused on "Parents of Homosexuals". It was a great enlightenment. I strongly suggest reading these books.

Believe me Rosie O'Donnell is not symbolic of what lesbianism represents. My daughter is a big believer in the liberal progressive agenda, and she never misses a Rachel Maddow show. Oh, we really get into it on the phone. She knows I can't stand Rachel Maddow, but she also knows it's because of her political agenda, not because she's a lesbian. 

She lives far away from me, and we're on the phone a lot. I always start the "chain pulling" by bringing up one of Hitler Jr.'s scandals. We'll get into it, and soon she'll say, "OK Dad, enough".
We always end our phone calls with, I love you and miss you".

Please folks, take the time to read and understand and love ALL of God's children; not just the ones that think like you do.  I love writing blogs for the TPC; please don't "chase" me away.

And that's Politics with Pete for today...May God bless all of his children...and our troops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks