Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hey...I'm on Welfare

I just found out I've been on Welfare since I turned eighteen, and joined the US. Air Force. So that means during my four years in the military the paycheck I received every month was welfare from the government. I didn't know that. Is this a great country or what?

Then after an honorable discharge I enrolled in college, and received government assistance for books and tuition under the G.I. Bill of Rights. I guess that means I was surviving on government assistance.  Again, that's welfare huh? Wow.

And now at 77 years young I continue living on welfare, as I receive a monthly Social Security check, and have been receiving it since retirement, for approximately twelve years now. Wow, is this a great country or what?  I've been receiving welfare since I was eighteen.

Wait a minute folks. Will someone explain to me how is our government been able to put me on welfare status for almost sixty years?  I guess it's from hard working Americans that have money deducted from their pay checks, sent to the government, and the government sends out welfare checks to lazy people like me.

Now wait a minute here. Since I was a teenager, up to the age of sixty-five,  I've had money deducted from every payroll check of mine to pay into the Social Security program.  The dictionary definition of welfare is, "Government assistance provided to those who are unable to provide for themselves". Does that mean even if I didn't have any funds deducted from my paychecks for over sixty years I could still receive my monthly Social Security check? Hey, that's what happening now under Mr. Obama's extended welfare plan. Wow, is this a great country or what?

One of my critics claim I have "outlived" my monthly Social Security checks. I think this particular critic failed his seventh grad math class. I've been paying into the program for over sixty years, and have been receiving Social Security for twelve years. By the way thank God for DEMOCRAT president FDR for starting this program. I wonder what the reaction would have been had a Republican president initiated the Social Security program.

While, I don't know if it's true, but it does appear that one particular critic of mine that keeps slandering me for receiving a "welfare" monthly Social Security check, does not have a job that has funds for the Social Security program deducted from their paycheck. I would further guess this particular critic is on the government's welfare program.

It seems individuals that are on welfare are so quick demonizing those of us who proudly paid into the Social Security program for decades. Many Americans pay into Social Security for their entire working life, only to pass away before they are able to collect a single Social Security check. Or some retirees that pass away too soon into their retirement and receive only a small fraction of their entitled monthly Social Security check.

Where does their "unused" funds go? Oh yeah, I know. It goes to people, maybe like my critic, for welfare payments, people who do not have a job. Great country huh? Let's hope Mr. Obama doesn't run out of money, as some economists, and the CBO have predicted, in two years. Then where is your welfare check going to come from? 

By the way, when all else fails from my critics they resort to name calling. I am called a stupid "whitey". Well that is true. I'm 77, and have a complete head of white hair, so you're right; I am a "whitey".  There are many names I can't write here, but another comical name I'm called is "white supremacist". Now there you are wrong. If you were here to watch my wife bark orders to clean the garage, wash the car, etc., etc., etc., you definitely would not attach the word supreme to me.  And every Saturday I go to 4:30 Mass, kneel before my Jesus Christ and pray.
Now does that sound like I'm a supremacist in any way?

I'd like to close today's blog with a comical definition a funny friend of mine just sent me.
The definition of INEPTOCRACY: A system  of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of the diminishing number of producers.

Wish I could take credit for this clever definition. But it really says why 75% of welfare recipients voted for Mr. Obama, and what his plan is for the next four years.

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God Bless our country...and our troops 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks