Sunday, September 8, 2013

Whaddya expect?

At first I was going to skip writing a blog today, but as I sit here and watch my Brownies play  another season opening loss, (please no Cleveland Browns jokes, I've heard 'em all) I decided to write a blog to help me forget about the game.

My wife walked by and I asked, "got any ideas for a good blog today"? So, as she's leafing through a magazine, without looking up, she responds, "why not write about why this country is expecting so much out of a guy who's nothing more than a community organizer"?

As always, my wife is right (I ain't sleepin' on the couch tonight), so I came to the conclusion Barack Obama as president of the U.S. is like allowing me to perform brain surgery because I sold medical equipment for thirty years and knew all the medical terms.

Did we really expect this man to make any effective leadership decisions, when his only experience is that of a community organizer? Sure he looks good in a blue suit, and he is very adept at reading a teleprompter, but come on people, what else has he done?

It's so bad that 51% of Americans voted for a man that "claims" to have credentials that cannot and will never be verified. There are some major issues, however, that we do know about this man.  First of all, the only "job" this man ever held was that of a community organizer. By the way, what does a community organizer really do? Let me know if you ever find out OK?

This man puts a whole new meaning to "leading from behind". He certainly knows how to lead from behind all right.....way behind; like from another planet. Whenever a tragedy or crisis arises testing the mettle of our country what does this man do? He runs and hides and lets others make a decision. If the decision is correct, which is seldom, he parades out his famous words, "I", "me", and "mine".

And when it's a bad decision or bad result, as is usually the case, this man either denies it, or is nowhere to be found. I am still ready to offer a bottle of 15-year old single malt Scotch to anyone who can tell me where this man was when our Benghazi consulate was under attack.
I am not surprised that no one has contacted me yet to claim their bottle of Scotch.

Just a few days ago, looking sharp in his dark blue suit, teleprompters in place, and his ever loyal Joe Biden at his side, our president announces that he's going to attack Syria. And what does our president do next? Instead of meeting with his generals or cabinet members to discuss strategy, why, instead, he jumps in his golf cart and heads to the links.

I mean, really folks, did you expect anything more from this man? Actually, I should probably thank this man. He's made a "prophet" of me since he first ran for office back in '07.  I knew back then this man would turn out this way, but did anyone listen to me...NO, of course not. As my brilliant wife always says to me, "no one's listening to you".

Well, at least I can now brag, "neener, neener, neener, I told you so, so there".  Don't know about you, but I'm so looking forward to this upcoming week.

Our president is "taking his show on the road" to try to convince the major TV networks that "attacking Syria is the right thing to do", and as if that isn't enough guess what he's following that up with? On Tuesday, the 10th., he's putting on his pretty blue suit, getting his teleprompters primed up, and at 9:00 PM EST he's going on TV to try to convince the American people that "attacking Syria is the right thing to do".

I know I'm not the only one questioning this overkill. This man must think the American people are really stupid. We know why he's all over the TV networks with his nonsensical plea to attack Syria. It's simply because he knows Congress is not going to approve an attack on Syria, so he's trying to save face with the American people.

I confidently predict this man will ramble on and on to the American people Tuesday night on TV, and make a complete fool of himself, and no one will understand a word he's saying.  I almost find myself with pity and feeling sorry for this man...nah, not really. I mean, he's just a community organizer to me.

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country...and our troops.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks