Sunday, March 30, 2014

Boy am I dumb!!

I am far, far away from being the smartest tool in the shed. Yes, I graduated from college, but with a C minus GPA. I used to take my freshman algebra home with me on weekends to have my brainiac kid sister tutor me.

However, today, I'm 78 years young and pretty adept at using the Internet. I purchase items from several outlets for my hobby. I purchase travel on the Internet. I make many hotel registrations on the Internet. I've downloaded several programs on the Internet. I also write a daily political blog to post on Google, Twitter, and the Tea Party.

Have I mentioned my 78-year old wife, who according to Reid  is also dumb? Better not tell her that Harry; she has a NRA license to carry. She's on a first name basis on Amazon, E-Bay, and any other website who sells women's shoes, cosmetics, etc. You name it. We have children and grandchildren spread all over the U.S., so many gifts are bought and shipped through the Internet.  Oh yeah, Harry we both have I-Pads.

I use the Internet to communicate with the daughters and grandchildren on face-to-face sites like Skype and Face time. So, I consider myself pretty computer and Internet savvy, but according to Senator Harry Reid I'm just one of many senior citizens that aren't smart enough to use the Internet, and that's the reason Obamacare is failing. Yeah, right Harry.

So, help me understand this Senator Reid. Four years ago, when your party held the majority in the House and Senate you mandated Obamacare into law, and yet Barry's possee still travel around the country trying to sell this failing law? And we're the dumb ones?

Since the Obamacare debacle was introduced your boss Barry has initiated thirty-seven changes, mandates, and waivers. Yeah, we're the dumb ones. Tomorrow on March 31st, there was supposed to be a deadline for young people to sign up, and now you've moved it to April 15h. Well, that's change number thirty-eight Harry, Yep, we're the dumb ones.

One more mention of delays Harry. I can imagine when I was in college if I went up to my prof, and told him my term paper had to be delayed for its turn in, and I needed to change it thirty-eight times.  Well, to be honest, I did screw up on a few term papers. Maybe that's why I "escaped" college with a C minus GPA.

Just one more shot in closing. I have a 25-year old granddaughter, who is working and finishing up her senior year in college. She's very computer savvy, and the one I go to when I need computer help. Her exact words; "thought I'd check out the Obamacare act and see if it was cheaper than what I get at work....I tried for hours to get on..I tried everything...I just couldn't activate the website on my computer...I've talked to a lot of friends my age that had the same experience. One of my friends said the website kept reporting it was down for maintenance. I know a lot of young people that are not going to sign up for that thing....we can't even get on to ask questions."  Hey Harry; that's a quote from a 25-year old college senior, who is very computer savvy, and certainly not dumb.

Most Americans re now predicting that the "Barry & Harry Show" will keep delaying the deadline until after the November elections. So Harry, you better look in the mirror and check your boss Barry to see who the dumb ones really are. We already have Maryland and Indiana that will not allow Obamacare in their respective states, with many states to follow.

It's OK though Harry because after the November election you can go to the back of the room and sleep till you term is over.

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country...and our troops

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks