Sunday, March 29, 2015

Why work?

I just have to tell this story to open today's blog. My buddy and I, both assembly line foremen at a auto assembly plant, stopped at an all-night diner for some eggs after we got off the night shift. We just finished about twelve hours of work, and we were whipped. We could hardly stab our eggs to eat. 

As we were swapping stories of our twelve hours on the assembly line, two robust looking African-American young men walked past us and slid in the the booth behind us. We didn't have to eavesdrop because they were loud enough to be heard throughout the diner. It was almost that they wanted to be heard.

Their conversation went like this: One said: "Ain't no friggin' way I be getting' a job. My bi**h
at home be collecting' welfare for her three kids she got from these two other brothers, and she also gettin' food stamps with some gov-ment housing' stuff. And we both getting' unemployment. That's some serious coin. 

His friend then prompted, "I hear ya man. Why's a brother gotta work, when he can just stay home and play, and let Sam (Uncle Sam) be takin' care of us. My woman be fixin' my unemployment card so it looks like I be lookin' for work. Getting' up around noon tomorrow and headin' for Sam's office to show dem I been lookin' " With that they both laughed and guffawed loud enough for all in the diner to hear.

Of course there were a lot of expletive words mixed into their two-way conversation that I can't repeat in the blog. They got up, and left the restaurant. When they were out of ear-shot I said to my foreman buddy Charley, "Ain't it great to know that some of the taxes they take out of our pay this Friday will go to support those guys"?

The most tragic thing about this story, and it's a true story, happened in 1968. What's more tragic is that I could have said this story happened last week.  Yeah, some things never change. History has this way of repeating itself.

OK, what's my point? There a jobs out there for the unemployed, but with our welfare structure why would they want a job? Today there are thirty-three states that pay out welfare and other freebie entitlement benefits that total more than the minimum wage.  What's worse, in thirteen states welfare recipients receive more than $15.00 per hour. Statistics have documented that welfare benefits have increased faster than the minimum wages.

Do you know what some of the states are paying out to welfare recipients from your tax dollars?  Hawaii leads the pack with $60,590 yearly to each welfare individual. That comes to $29.13 per hour. Wouldn't it be great to sleep till noon, grab your surfboard and head for the beaches at $60,590. free  money?

Next on our hit parade of freebie money is our nation's capital D.C., which pays out $50,820 per year, or $25.30 per hour to each welfare recipient. I could go on and on through all thirty-three states, but I'll just end with the state with the least welfare yearly payment, South Carolina, at $21,910, or $10.91 per hour.

Just as a point of reference, the middle class income for all tax paying people in the U.S. is $50,000. That means we have some states that pay more in yearly welfare payments than the average working, tax paying folks make in this country.

And our Dear Leader Barry Soetero is doing a great job of convincing our 50+ million on welfare that the GOP wants to take their freebies away from them. He says it's his way of making sure everyone is getting their fair share of money to spend and enjoy life with.

No folks, it's Barry's way of controlling the masses, just like Adolph did in the '30's. America is virtually broke and bankrupt. We need monumental changes, and we need them now.

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country...and our troops.
(please follow me on my You Tube video blogs, Politics with Pete)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks