Saturday, June 16, 2012

Send me your masses

I'm just a dumb 77-year old who barely got through college with a C average, so I need someone, anyone, to explain some things to me.

Our President stands in the Rose garden, and claims "short-term" amnesty to young aliens, so "they can get work permits and contribute to the growth of our country". 

Now, what I don't understand is that while the President is doing this, our great country has over 23 million out of work. We are averaging over 360,000 people per week filing for first time unemployment benefits. Our welfare population has grown to over 100% in the past three years. Oh right, that's still Bush's fault.

While this is ready to take place we are experiencing a realistic 14.2% unemployment, while the EPA  is shutting down coal mines in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, West Virginia, and Indiana.
Will someone explain the logic in this to me.

I wouldn't dare to say the only reason our President is doing this now is to get the Latino vote in November....nah, when only last year he said on TV that constitutional law would not let him grant this type of amnesty to your illegal aliens. Hmmm, wonder why he's doing it now.

I am descended from a long line of immigrants who migrated from a European country. Everyone of them came through Ellis Island. In fact I have my father's and grandfather's citizenship documents framed and placed on a wall in my home.

Ironically, my father was the same age, 17, as those aliens that the President is now awarding "short-term" amnesty. My father's "claim to fame" was that he came here at 17, went to work in the Lorain steel mills, and worked there for 48 years, and never once received a dime on unemployment. 

I use to tease him about how much he contributed to it from every one of his paychecks. His only comment was that he was proud to help others, and he was grateful he had a job to go to every day He was so proud that during WWII his department in the steel mills made bomb casings for our troops.

So, here's an idea Mr. President; if you keep these short-term amnesty campaign moves, why not just spend millions of taxpayer's money, and move the Statue of Liberty from the harbor of New York, and erect the great lady directly on the border between the USA and Mexico. You could pay for it by just eliminating the U.S. Border Patrol agents. Good idea huh?

And that's Politics with Pete for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks