Wednesday, February 12, 2014

27 and counting

Yesterday I picked up my friend from the airport. He's always been my "go-to" friend on politics.
We would e-mail articles to each other, and agreed, for the most part, on our conservative values and stances. However, my friend informed me after the last presidential election that he was completely "tuned out" on politics,

He felt, "if America is stupid enough to vote this guy back in the White House after what he's done to us his first four years.....I'm done...they're getting what they deserve....not watching any news channels anymore".

While waiting for my friend at the airport's curbside the radio announced a news flash that the White House has delayed the employer mandate for Obamacare until after the 2016 election. I couldn't wait to discuss this with my conservative buddy.  The conversation went like this:
Me: Jim, did you hear Obama delayed his healthcare mandate till after the 2016 election?"

Jim: I told you Pete, that I quit watching the news since the last election. I don't care anymore.

Me: But Jim, this guy is screwing us again with his lousy healthcare plan.

Jim: Ever since that wicked tunnel faced witch from the west said we gotta pass Obamacare so we can see what's in it, I knew we were in trouble, and now I don't care.

Me: But ever since he passed Obamacare in '10 with a Democrat House & Senate he's given waivers to all his donor supporters, and then Chief Justice Roberts says it's a tax.

Jim: Told you I don't care anymore....this guy's gonna do whatever he wants, and no one is around to stop him. 

Me: But Jim, this is the 27th. time he's changed his signature mandated law. We can't let him get away with that. Is it fair that employers get a waiver for 50-99 employees, but individuals are still being taxed. Man, that's a dictatorship. He can't get away with that can he?

Jim: Oh, he's gonna get away with it. There's no one to stop this guy from doing anything he wants. Didn't he just say that a few days ago...'I'm the president...I can do anything I want'.

Me: OK, you may be right, but do we just throw in the towel?

Jim: We can just hope that Americans don't throw away the only tool we have to stop this guy, and that's in the voting booth.  By the way can you drive a little faster...I wanna watch the Ohio State-Michigan basketball game.  More interested in that thean Obamacare. He'll change it a dozen more times before the November elections anyway.

And that's Politics with Pete for today..God bless our country....and our troops

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks