Tuesday, December 24, 2013

PC this A&E!

I remember when Larry David, creator of "Seinfeld" televising on his HBO show, can't remember the name of his show, but the scene graphically aired Larry David urinating on a picture of Jesus. Nary a word from the media.

I remember when the movie star from "American Pie" tweeted what evil sex acts he would like to perform on our Catholic Pope. Nary a word from the media.

I remember reading in a New York newspaper that a well-known columnist claimed in his column that the reason Jesus never married was because he was gay. Nary a word from the media.

I remember when then-Senator Barack Obama voted against benefits for same sex couples, and even voted against same sex marriage. Nary a word from the media, while many believe that President Obama is himself gay.

I remember when a New York art museum displayed art of the Virgin Mary, and Jesus Christ on the cross outlined with animal feces. Nary a word from the media. 

An MSNBC TV host called a Catholic newscaster from Fox "a slut". Nary a word from the media.

Currently there are thousands of public schools that will not allow any religious display at Christmas or any other time of the year, yet many of these schools allow Muslim students Allah prayer time. They even allow the Muslim students designated times and can bring their rugs. Can you believe there are schools that have "special" swimming time for Muslims-only in their pools.
Nary a word from the media.

Have you ever heard the bongo player from Jamaica, Louis Farrakhan, speak of the evils of Christianity and Jesus while he adamantly praises Mohammed and Allah? Nary a word from the media. 

Yet, Phil Robertson, from the very famous TV show "Duck Dynasty" expresses his views on homosexuality and the whole world comes crashing down on him. And our beloved media daily tells us what a vile evil man he is. The A&E network fired him, and all hell is breaking loose, and the media usually leads with this story on all their broadcasts.

And all Phil did was to express his First Amendment rights on how he feels on homosexuality.  I can most certainly relate to him. My oldest daughter is a lesbian and is happy in her same sex relationship with her partner. I flew to the state of Washington to support their civil ceremony. Never saw my daughter so happy. My daughter holds a double Master's Degree, owns two homes, and is a department head in the hospital where she works. Have I mentioned she is drop-dead beautiful?

We have many discussions on heterosexual and homosexual life orientations. She is a deeply religious woman and a wonderful animal lover and member of Habitat. I could not be prouder of her. She knows that for me, personally, I could never embrace homosexuality.  We've even teased and joked about it together.  The reason: We both feel safe in expressing our feelings to each other because of the base of love often expressed to each other.

When I think of my daughter I think of what she has accomplished, and her contributions, and how happy she is with her life partner. I think about how much I love her, and how proud I am of her. What I don't think about is her sexual orientation. With her and me it's simply father-daughter love. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone felt this way, especially this special time of the year.

And that's Politics with Pete for today....Merry Christmas..God bless our country and our troops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks