Friday, December 13, 2013

But Judge I have "xxxxenza"

Recently a 16-year old, that previously was cited for drunk-driving, was recently acquitted of killing four people while driving drunk. And of course we all know the judge gave him a free pass citing the 16-year old was just "too rich to know the difference between right and wrong". 

The 16-year old's attorney claimed the young boy's parents never taught him the difference between right and wrong. They never taught him to be responsible for his actions.

Oh yes, he was determined by the judge to come from a family so rich that he was spoiled to the point of not knowing or realizing that he had done something wrong; like killing four people while driving drunk. The honored and distinguished judge called it "Affluenza", and set the boy free to repeat this horrible crime.

Can you just imagine the can of worms this judge has just opened up? Today, Fox News had a guest appearance by an African-American psychologist. He asked, "what's going to happen when a poor Black child from the ghetto stands in front of a judge and says, 'but judge I have poorenza'"?  I guess this means the judge will give the kid another chance because he suffers from "poorenza".

Does this mean if you're rich you are actually above the law? Does this also mean that "xxxxenza" can be the excuse for any crime committed? 

I can just see illegal aliens telling the judge that their parents didn't understand the laws of the U.S., therefore didn't explain what was unlawful and criminal. As a result there should be no charges for the committed crime. Oh, are we in for it folks!

I guess I can get in on this. My parents both came from Italy. Mom had an eighth grade education and Dad never even made it to the first grade.  So therefore I can commit a crime and just tell the judge I have "Italianenza".  The truth, while a teen-ager, my father told me that if I ever broke the law and got thrown in jail, that I'd be safer if I stayed in jail. 

My parents always taught me to be responsible for my actions, and while I lived under their roof, that "for every law I broke that's how many bones of mine that Dad would break". Now, I know Dad would never break my bones, and the main reason I always walked the straight line is because I would never do anything to disappoint my parents. Maybe, just maybe, four people would be alive today if this 16-year old's parents taught him that.

My point is that ALL parents, rich or poor, have the unmitigated responsibility to teach their children the difference between right or wrong, while teaching their children they will be held accountable for their actions.

I hope I'm wrong, but my prediction is this 16-year old that was acquitted of killing four people because of "affluenza" will be back on the streets within twelve months, driving while drunk.
Just wonder what his plea to the judge will be. He better hope he gets the same judge. 

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country...and our troops

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks