Monday, October 21, 2013

I did it - I logged on

I had to do it. My curiosity got the best of me. After reading and hearing all the horrific stories about the Obamacare "glitches" I decided to give it a try.

So this morning while the monarch-dictator-in-chief was on TV lying to Americans about how he was fixing the Obamacare website problems, I started the dreaded Obamacare log-in process.

I kept submitting all the information they required; name, e-mail address, zip code, etc. I would get a NEXT button in the lower right hand corner of my PC monitor to click on to so I could advance to the next screen.

During the process I would get an occasional spinning buffer circle on my monitor causing delays, and then apologetic replies asking me to be patient. Then I was finally taken to a site that made me think I was in the USSR or even Adolph's '30's Germany.

The screen page informed me that all the information I was about to give them could be used for any purposes that the health care (Obamacare) seems necessary to disseminate. Before I decided to hit the ACCEPT or DECLINE button I thought back to when I switched from AARP to my current health insurance company. 

At the time the monthly insurance premium for my wife and I at AARP was $380./month. A friend gave me the name of a local health insurance broker. I called him, gave him the necessary information over the phone. Two days later he called to give me some options. The next day my wife and I visited his office and left after about thirty minutes with a health plan with monthly premiums less than half of what we paid for at AARP, with the same coverage.

Now back to Obamacare's website and the ACCEPT, and DECLINE button on my computer. The Obamacare website informed me that all the personal information and data I was about to give them could be used for any use "they" deem necessary.

I discovered that the Obamacare "navigators" were comprised mostly of left-wing progressive liberals and some even criminals I decided to hit the DECLINE button. Not going to share my personal information with the likes of these folks.

However I did receive some interesting factual information today.  Here's some honest and truthful facts for you: (1) If you opt for Obamacare's "Bronze" plan, only 60% of your projected health care costs will be covered, and family deductibles could rise to $12,700 for a year. (2) Obamacare has already projected cost hikes upwards of $3,670 a year for a family.
(3) Even in Obama's home town of Chicago, the Chicago Tribune has reported that Obamacare could rise up to $8,000. per family a year.

And Hitler Jr. was sure slick. Campaigning for his first term he convinced the welfare/nanny state he was going to give them free health care, and that got him elected. With his Democrat controlled House and Senate he then got Obamacare enacted.

Then during his second term campaign he promised the same people that Obamacare would "kick in" at the end of 2013, and that's how he got elected for his second term.

Oh, if only ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC would have been truthful and honest in their reporting to us we wouldn't be faced with this horrendous debacle that, if not stopped, could bring down our economy. Remember, we have a chance next November to stop this.

And that's Politics with Pete for today....God bless our country...and our troops

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks