Sunday, May 13, 2012

Who really cares

I am blessed with three wonderful daughters. Two have give me five lovely grandchildren ranging in ages from nineteen to five. The oldest is currently studying pre-med at Duke University. The other five are fantastic children, that will definitely see college one day. The sixteen and twelve year old can already tell you what schools they will be attending, while the five year old believes she's the next J-Lo.

My oldest daughter is a Lesbian, and two years ago my wife and I flew to Tacoma, WA to witness her marriage to her life partner. When I think of my daughter I don't even think of her sexual orientation. I think of her two Masters Degrees, the two houses she owns, the job as a department manager in a hospital that she holds, and how happy and healthy she is. None of us, her mother, her two sisters, nor I, ever think of her sexual orientation.

She was born with minor cerebral palsy, and yet swims, rides horses, and is an avid gardener in her spare time. The very last thing we think about is her sexual orientation. I am so proud of my other two daughters who have blessed me with five fantastic grandchildren, and I certainly don't give a thought to their heterosexual orientation. I have always treated my daughter's wife as my daughter-in-law.
I find myself feeling sorry for the homophobiacs who have turned their backs instead of reaching out to others who have different beliefs in sexuality than we do. My oldest daughter had a tough start of her homosexuality, but pressed on, and today is living a blessed marriage, that is accepted by all in the family. She is very close to her, sisters and  nephews and niece.

What has this to do with Politics with Pete? I find it interesting that our two campaigning political parties are raising such issues as same-sex marriage on their individual campaigning tours. Is it because President Obama is using this controversy to has poor record, flip-flopping, and lies, and what he has not accomplished during his first, and hopefully, last term in office?

Same sex unities are such a non-issue. When John and Jane Doe are sitting at the kitchen table, after they've been out of work for over a year, and and wondering how to make their monthly financial obligations, do you think they really care the sexual orientation of their neighbors, or even other member of their family?

President Obama, Governor Romney, along with most of the bias media, get off the topics of homosexuality and same sex marriage. AMERICANS DONT REALLY CARE!  What Americans are concentrating on are focused on jobs, jobs, jobs, the economy, the enormous deficit Government spending, and one other thing; JOBS!  John and Jane Doe want to pay their mortgages, bills, feed and clothe their children, have money available to send their children to college. They just plain don't care of their neighbor's sexual orientation.

And that's Politics with Pete for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks