Monday, February 23, 2015

White History Month?

I truly appreciate the way this great country honors the African-American citizens. I personally honor them in all ways possible. Yes, African-Americans should be honored by our great country. Their contributions to the growth and success of America should never be forgotten.

Personally I have always showed respect to the African-American population. One of my closest friends growing up was "Bill". I knew him from the first grade through high school graduation. We grew up playing sandlot baseball and basketball together. Wow, what a basketball player he was. If his grades could have matched his talent Bill could've entered any college he wanted.

On the high school basketball team his nick-name was "The Hawk". What a guy, and what a good friend he was growing up. bill passed away from a heart attack after spending several years working in the local steel mill. I think about him a lot.

Four years in the military, college, and a career in medical equipment sales have provided me with the opportunity to cross paths with many African-Americans I still hold close in my heart as friends. The pitcher on our Air Force baseball team in England, Ronnie, was another friend. After discharge we stayed in touch with Christmas cards and occasional phone calls. Last I heard he was a Dentist somewhere in Michigan. 

And I'm sure I'm just one of millions of Caucasian Americans that have gone through life with African-Americans being a big part of their life. I've never missed a Denzel Washington movie.
Michael Jordan is my all-time favorite pro NBA'er. Condi Rice, Dr. Carson, Allen West would all make great U.S. Presidents. 

After decades of enslaving African-Americans, it's fitting and honorable that our great country honor them with Black History Month every year. I have never considered myself a racist as I have always displayed love and respect for my African-American brothers and sisters. I don't feel you will find many Caucasian Americans that object to Black History Month.

With all that being written in the six paragraphs above I just have one question. Why is there so much objection when anyone suggests the U.S. have a White History Month? As I've written earlier I have never considered myself a racist, but by the standards of many like Al Sharpton I am a racist. 

We have so many great Caucasian Americans that have contributed so much to the greatness and exceptionalism of this great country. However, to honor them would be considered racist to the likes of people like Sharpton. And now the racism has even gone to Hollyweird.

Last night Oscar's presentation was just one gigantic liberal progressive love-in. To honor a movie that depicted a washed up actor instead of a movie about a true war hero is nothing more than a joke.  At one point the stage was crowded with African-Americans led by John Legend honoring the movie Selma. That was great, but what do you think you would've heard in the media today if a group of White Americans, led by Clint Eastwood was on the stage honoring the "Sniper" movie? 

Wake up America...Wake up!

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country...and our troops
(pls. watch my You Tube video blogs.."Politics with Pete")

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks