Thursday, January 24, 2013

No more insomnia

I want to thank the House and Senate committee hearings yesterday for helping me get a great night's sleep. I DVR'd the questions and answers between Secretary Clinton and the committee, and then I played it back, and it worked. I watched it for about ten minutes and slept like a newborn. I also enjoyed the comedy relief I experienced from the hearings.

I still can't figure who was more comical, the Democrats or the Republicans. The ever comedic Democrats were hilarious, as they never asked a question. I thought this was a hearing. You know, someone asks a question, and then someone answers it. I should have figured something was amiss when one Democrat Senator stood up, and screamed, "I nominate the honorable Hillary Clinton for the office of the Presidency of the United States".  As if that wasn't bad enough, another Democrat Senator said, "I second the motion".  I really rolled on the floor when the Democrat chair person loudly proclaimed, "Motion carried....someone get Justice Roberts to swear in Ms. Clinton".

I thought I heard it all, but maybe my favorite was when Senator Durbin from the great homicide, gun violence, broke state of Illinois blamed the entire Benghazi fiasco on Bush. He made this strange vocal scenario that Republican President Bush and Republican Secretary of State Colin Powell stated there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I'm still laughing over that one. I tried to figure the logic, but what the heck, Durbin can't blame the Republicans for the sad state of affairs in Illinois because there aren't any in power there, so he's got to blame Republicans for something. Dickie D. you are one funny person.



But I found the Republicans were almost as bad. Instead of asking questions to get to the bottom of what really happened in Benghazi, they used the hearing as a platform to vent their woes against the Democrats. The Republicans wasted a great opportunity to have Secretary Clinton explain all the pertinent details of what really happened in Benghazi. Instead the Republicans just gave speeches.

To be truthful though, we all know Secretary Clinton was not going to tell the truth, but she has more protection supporting her than anyone could ever have. Of course we all had some important and pointed questions that we would have liked Madam Secretary to answer, but she was so insulated, the whole hearing was just another step in futility.

Of course we all know Senator Rand Paul was correct. Hillary should be fired, Ambassador Rice should be fired, and Barack should be impeached over the disgraceful massacre of four Americans in Benghazi, but we all also know that will never happen. While Hillary was failing to tell the truth and lying to the committee Barack and his gang were back at the Oval office laughing their heads off.

Not a thing we can do about it folks. Barack and his gang are going to be around for four years. I just want to thank them for the ammunition. But we have 2014 to look to.

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country....and our troops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks