Sunday, September 24, 2017

Hooray for Hollywood?

I know this great hard-working young man who is on a major TV drama show beginning its third season. He plays a Doctor on the show, and it's exciting for me to watch this young man grow into a fine actor while maintaining both feet grounded. I attended many of his high school and college plays and musicals he performed in with my own grandson. 

I was sharing a single malt Scotch with him when he was home a few weekends ago, and we discussed his life and his perspective on acting. He was was so very impressive. He reminded me, "I have no idea what these medical terms are or mean....I just read the script they hand me". When I said to him that I wished all Hollywood actors had that attitude, he just smiled and said, "No comment.....I wanna keep acting".

What's my point? Americans just want actors, singers, and stage performers do what we spend our money for....ENTERTAIN  us. That's all we want from them. I'm 82, and have my own personal list of favorite actors and singers from the past. When I paid money to watch or hear  them perform I didn't know, nor did I care, what their political or religious beliefs were. Also, none of my favorite performers tried to influence or judge anyone else's beliefs on politics or religion.

So will someone tell me what the hell has happened? Maybe it started when politicians used entertainers to help them convince the voters to vote for their candidates. Of course that's fine, and is part of the American way of life, debating, and voting. But where is it written or decreed that if you don't agree with the Hollywood elites you suddenly become a "racist", or a "deplorable", or a "cave dweller", or numerous other degrading insults from the losers?

Yes, losers. When the other team wins and you lose,  you graciously move on and try to find ways to win the next time you meet your opponent. It seems though that the left-leaning lib Dems have encouraged the Hollywood elites to attack the winners, even after the game is over.
The November, 2016 presidential election was the lit fuse that started the hate-mongering emanating from the Hollywood elites. 

Let me use a sports analogy. Who would you bet on to win a football game between number one Alabama and my high school team? Of course number one Alabama would be the heavy favorite. All during the 2016 Presidential campaign Crooked Hillary was declared the winner by a large margin long before voters went to their polls.  She even went on talk shows declaring herself the winner, and was screaming, "it's my turn...I'm entitled...why aren't I 50 points ahead?" On election day she had a double-digit lead. No more needs to be written.
  Have you noticed, though, that the push back is really gaining momentum? We 63 million that put Donald J. Trump in the White House have only one voice speaking for us. His name is President Donald Trump. We 63 million 'deplorables' have no media to speak for us. Wouldn't it be great to have ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN start interviewing some of the 63 million who voted for President Trump? 

But the message to the likes of Whoopi, Joy, Chelsea(2), Madonna, Clooney, Jen Lawrence, Ashley Judd, et.al. is that you idiots are not impacting our thinking at all.  And your words and actions are hurting no one but yourself. We have already started to boycott your movies and appearances. Remember you are nothing more than people reading off a piece of paper that someone else wrote for you. 

In the days of Shakespeare only the misfits were actors. They were not revered by the public. The reality is you are nothing but speakers of words put on paper by others. No one really cares what you have to say about our country and our President. If the Trump supporters had a media voice like these overrated performers you just might see a difference.

The NFL, NBA, and MLB is imploding, and by the looks of movie box office sales the entertainment industry is right behind them. Karma and Pay-Back folks.

And that's Politics with Pete for today...God bless our country...and our troops.
(Please follow me on my You Tube videos Politics with Pete)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks