Saturday, December 1, 2012

Double standard this

I have always considered myself a non-racist Christian. I was born a first generation Italian-American; both parents born in Italy, and migrated through Ellis Island in the early 1900's.
I spent four years in the U.S. Air Force, even fortunate enough to play baseball in special services, traveling throughout Europe in the mid 50's.

One of my closest friends in the Air Force was a fast ball pitching artist that could throw a baseball through a brick wall. After discharge he went on to college to become a Dentist. Ron and I stayed in touch for several years through Christmas cards and old-time stories of being stationed outside of London, England in the mid '50's.  Oh yeah, Ron is African-American. 

We joked and teased a lot. Everytime he saw me laying in the sun he'd remark, "whaddya tryin' to do...get a tan like me"?  Of course I would remark back, "shuddup or I'll get my Italian gansgster mob to wipe you out". He was a great friend, and I'm sorry we lost touch over the decades. In my heart he'll always remain a close friend.

I have never considered myself a racist, and on many occasions would remark, "hey I've grown up and known more African-Americans than most African-Americans have.".  I was always proud to feel a strong love for the friends I've grown up with, climbed trees with, played high school sports with, and served in the military with,  while never judging the color of their skin. 

Please indulge me with this story. In May, 1955 after basic training, the Air Force sent me to Hunter Air Force Base in Savannah, Georgia. I was sequestered in a barracks awaiting my squadron assignment. It was there I became friends with another "newbie" awaiting squadron assignment.

One night sitting around going stir crazy I said, "hey let's go into town and catch a movie". He hung his head and remarked, "can't man...I'm broke".  Of course I said, "hey that's OK..you can pay me back on payday".  He finally looked and me with a strong voice and a stern look and said, "hey man, don't you get it...we can't be seen in downtown Savannah together...I'm Black".

Some months later I was at a Savannah coffee shop, and walked to the cashier to pay my bill for my lunch. I handed the sweet, young, attractive red-haired cashier a $5.00 bill. She took my $5.00 bill and spit on with with the comment, "God_ _ _" Lincoln for freeing the dam slaves."

Those two incidences happened to me when I was 19 years old. I am now 77, and I will never forget how I felt then, and how those feelings are still with me today. But now I'd like to speak up (write) to support us old "whitey folks".

I'm getting pretty angry for decades hearing and reading about how us rotten old "whiteys" enslaved African-Americans and never have done anything to help them. It's getting a little sickening to me and along with a  lot of "whiteys".

When Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans the Black leaders starting with Jessee Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan started their famous marches insisting we had to help the African-Americans who suffered there. Even while mobile homes were set up and paid for by American taxpayers, the Black leaders still found a way to blame Bush and the Republicans screaming that more had to be done.  And the Bush administration did a great job aiding the victims of Katrina.

And at the same time we send aid to Haiti, and other foreign countries to aid victims of hurricanes, tsunamis, and other disasters. When aid is sent to them we do not look at the color of their skin. We look at them as children of God that need our help.

Now, right here on our land we have the tragic storm Sandy that has devastated thousands of Americans.  Are not these citizens children of God that need our help? Of course, but there is one major difference. Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan, and all the African-American members of Congress are absent. Gee, do you wonder why? Pure and simple the overwhelming majority of the victims of Sandy are just old "whiteys".


FEMA has all but ignored these victims, to the point that three of their senior officials have resigned. And once again my heart felt kudos to Fox News. They are the only network giving proper air time to the tragedies and victims of Sandy. CBS has run a few pleas for donations to help, but otherwise other networks give extremely little, or no air time at all. MSNBC and CNN would rather blaspheme the GOP and continue to investigate Governor Romney's elevator and tax returns that ask America to band together to help the "whitey" victims of Sandy.


And how about Mr. Obama? He gives the victims of Sandy a two hour photo shoot right before the election, with promises of how much he's going to help. At one point he even hugged a woman victim in front of dozens of cameras and said, "we're gonna cut through the red tape and help you...I promise". That woman is still waiting, and he has done absolutely nothing to get aid to these victims. If these Sandy victims were African-American there would be so much aid and help expedited to them. Mr. Obama is making these "white" victims of Sandy almost a forgotten group.


Mr. Obama has done more to cause racial divides in this country, and will go down in history as not only the worst economic White House resident we've ever endured, but he will also be remembered as the greatest racial-divider-in-chief our country has ever known.

Yes, I'm angry; very angry. Mr. Obama carried 93% of the African-American vote. Do you think he would've carried this much from the African-American vote if he were an old whitey?
I've had it. To my God there is no skin color, but there sure is skin color judgement within many areas of this country. 

So many books are written and movies made about how horrible the "whiteys" were for enslaving Blacks, inciting hatred and vitriol towards many Caucasians. There isn't a Caucasian living in the U.S. today that had anything to do with enslvaving Blacks. And why isn't there
 any mention of the Black tribal leaders that sold the Black children of God into slavery?

Yes, there is double standards; it's not only getting worse, it's growing faster than ever.

And that's Politics with Pete for today....God bless our country....and our troops



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks