Sunday, October 1, 2017

My farewell Blog

 Well, since this is a first and last for me I want to explain my current reason for this. Due to Parkinson's my hand tremors have increased, and it is become nearly impossible for me to type. Lastly,  and maybe most importantly, I have decided to discontinue publishing any more of my blogs.  I am a strong believer of my conservative values, along with being a staunch supporter of Pres. Trump.

 However I have noticed in my strong exuberance to support my president I have discovered that my pushback against the media the Hollywood elites and the Lib Democrats have become almost as hateful as those entities trying to desecrate my president and his family. I found myself spewing hatred towards these people almost as strongly as they were spewing hatred towards my present, my country, and my flag. 

 This past week as America observed over 200 NFL athletes refusing to honor our flag in our national anthem, I had the great opportunity to visit the Vietnam Memorial movie wall in Madison Ohio. After reviewing the names of our fallen heroes in the Vietnam wall my disdain and yes even hatred towards these NFL players grew stronger and stronger. Then I asked myself what good are you doing harboring all this hatred towards people you don't even know.

 I  realized that my hatred was consuming me and made me know better than the likes of those in the media, Hollywood elites, and the lib Democratic Party. I found myself hating  the likes of Wolfie, Joy, Clooney,  and yes even Stephen Colbert. With the help of my wife and my family I have realized I am spending useless  energy of my time doing a little more than expressing my hatred for these people for their own private beliefs.

 There are 63 million of us American citizens that supported Trump and put him in the White House. Of course you can bet that the media will never interview any of us, pencil ratings and outrageous programming they just want to highlight all the newsgathering hatred that is been amassed by some of these infamous people. I soon discovered that by eating these people I put myself down on their level, and I will not do this any longer.

 I was so very proud as a young 18-year-old in 1954 to volunteer to serve my country for four years, wearing the United States Air Force uniform. I got a chill every time I stood for the national anthem with my hand over my heart and a  big thrill saluting my American flag. I still get a thrill as an 82-year-old man every time I hear the Anthem or see my flag waving. Showing hatred towards groups like black lives matter or any other fascist group just stymies the love and respect I feel for my country and my flag and the military men and women who fight every day to protect.

 I have decided that rather than show hatred and disdain for these hate groups that protest in our streets I want to focus on my love and respect and honor for this great country and for the sacrifices our men and women gave so that we all can enjoy our freedoms and liberties, rather than writing negative blogs against those who I feel do not have a strong conservative and constitutional values that I embrace.

 Yes it's true that you can bet the media will never interview any of us 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump but you can also bet that we 63 million people will be heard loud and clear and just as  strong a voice as those who spew hatred towards our flag, anthem, our Constitution, our flag, and our president.

 Our country is the greatest country  the world has ever known, but we can only continue to be the greatest country by all citizens doing  away with of hatred and violence that now seems to prevail in our great country in many cities. We can and we must stop the hatred that we have for those who disagree with us. How can we teach our children love and respect when we refuse to set the example for them ourselves as adults.

 We need to reteach ourselves as well as our children those values of love, respect, sharing, hope, and caring for each other. 

 And that's politics with Pete for today God bless our country... and our troops

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks