Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mom's Day

Taking a break from politics today to write just a short blog today honoring my Mom and all Mothers as we all celebrate our Mothers today, and every day. We set aside today to acknowledge those great women in our lives that showered us with love their entire lives.

My mom has been in heaven since June, 1994, and I still miss her. Wish she were still here, so I could say more to her about my love for her. So much I took for granted growing up, like comfort, hugs, support, and so much more, including her great meals. I  was so naive that I just figured that this is what mothers are supposed to do. 

Mom was so free declaring her love, yet even with the loving things we said to one another, there was so much more I wish I would've said to her, but now I can only say these things in prayers to her. 

I have so many wonderful memories of Mom, and there are some that surface more than other memories; like the time I left home for my nearly three years tour of duty in Europe. She was standing there with tears streaming down her face as she straightened the tie on my Air Force uniform. 

My point in this blog is to give a message to everyone whose mother is still alive. Don't let your Mom leave this earth without making sure she realizes how much you love her and appreciate her. And not with just flowers and candy one day a year. 

If you ask most people they will always say, "wish I would've made more time for Mom".
Make sure you're not one of 'em. Wish I could have had a "do over" with my great Mom.
Still miss her.

And that's my greetings to all mothers today.....God bless you all



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks