Sunday, August 17, 2014

Can't happen here?

This morning my wife and I took our ritual daily 1.2 mile walk, had coffee, cereal and fruit, and turned on the TV for the morning news. We watched the broadcasts of riots in Ferguson, Missouri, the massacres of Christians in Iraq, the bloodshed between Israel and Gaza, and of course the swarming of illegals, and starving children flooding our southern borders.

As we were enjoying our breakfast, and during the commercial breaks we discussed what we were having for dinner. Hey, we went to 4:30 Mass yesterday, and prayed for all those people throughout the world having all these horrific problems. Seems enough huh?  Wrong!

Watching these poor suffering people while I sat in my comfortable home with a kitchen full of food I suddenly felt an overwhelming wave of guilt spreadin over me. I realized that because of what our Founding Fathers did 238 years ago I had the God-given blessing to live this way.

I realized how much I take for granted. No one was smashing my door down to slit my throat because I am a Roman Catholic Christian. No one is going to steal my food. We watch these horrific tragedies happening all over the world within the comfortable confines of our home, and we think, "yeah, that's terrible, but it could never happen here".

Then an ugly feeling started to worm its way into my thinking. Who says it can't happen here? Is there some divine intervention rule that says while these tragedies occur daily in Afghanistan, Africa, Iraq, Israel, Gaza, Syria, etc., it certainly can't happen here in my little old suburbia?


Well, folks, don't take our great American way of life for granted, and don't ever for one iota of a second believe that it cannot happen here. We must also never forget that our country has an administration led by a Hitleresque president that in six short years follows a path resembling the same path Adolph Hitler  did in Europe in the '30's and '40's.  Hitler's mantra was to all necessary to control the masses.

This administration continues to raise taxes so high on corporations they are relocating and incorporating in foreign countries. He controls his "masses" with lives of entitlements, instead of promotions to have Americans become educated so they can contribute to the growth and success of our great country.

What is so disturbing is the lazy uninformed entitlement people actually expect these freebies, while even expecting more and more from "the wealthy". Does anyone, besides me, believe that eventually the "freebie" money will run its course and fade completely away?

Have you ever asked yourself, "then what happens"? At 79 years young I'm going to long be cremated ashes before tragedies and complete unrest happens here in suburbia. But when I hold my 8-month old great granddaughter I wonder what kind of unrest she will grow into.

Do not think for a second that this cannot happen here in our great country. We have a Hitleresque man and administration that is actually aiming to erode our liberties and freedoms. We can't let that happen. Not here! Not in our great country!

OK. OK, you know how I'm going to end this blog. Just like I end most of my blogs. What are we going to do with this potentially dangerous way of life? Well we can take our first step to correct the evil deeds committed by this evil administration. In exactly 77 days we have the right afforded by our Founding Fathers to walk into our voting booths and start to "right our ship".

Just remember folks, if we don't then you can expect Barry, Reid, Holder, and Jarrett will continue to proceed in their patented Hitleresque manner. It's your call. How much do you love our great country, and want it to return to what it should be? And don't ever forget that "it" can happen here.

And that's Politics with Pete for today....God bless our country...and our troops

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks