Sunday, September 16, 2012

The day Democrats took over

Today, I'm going to write nothing but pure facts, and I encourage anyone who reads this not to take my word for any of of my findings.  I encourage anyone who reads this to do their own objective research and look up the data I'm writing about. Any of these facts can be found.

The real date that the Democrats took over was not January, 2009. It was January 3, 2007. That's the day the Democrats officially took control of the House and the Senate. I'm hoping that up to this point all can agree right?

More facts that can easily be verified as truth is on Janary 3, 2007 the DOW closed at 12,621.77.  The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%, and the unemployment was a mere 4.6%.  Another verifiable fact was under Bush there were 52 consecutive months of job growth.
Again, please don't take my word for any of this stuff. Take the time to look up these facts on your own. It's public information.

Also on January 3, 2007 Democrat Congressman Barney Frank took control of the House Financial Services Committee, and Democrat Senator Chris Dodd took control of the Senate Banking Committee. Now does anyone remember in what areas were the economic meltdown in that occurred fifteen months later? Well the answer is in the Banking & Financial services area.

Bills were passed by the Democrat-controlled House & Senate to spend nearly $6.trillion dollars of taxpayers' money in toxic loans into Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. This was under the guise that all Americans should be able to fulfill their American dream by owning their own home.

Another piece of factual data that can easily be verified is that President Bush asked the House & Senate seventeen, yes seventeen times to stop Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and reform the bill. History will report the House & Senate refused President Bush's requests. Can anyone guess who benefited behind Frank and Dodd with the third highest pay-off from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? If you guessed Senator Obama you would be correct. Senator Obama also voted against the reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

When homeowners could not sustain payments on housing loans they should not have received in the first place the collapses emerged; foreclosures, banking losses, and lending institutions shutting down. We all know what happened next; the start of enormous and uncontrollable  unemployment.

I don't care if you're a Republican, Democrat, or Independent these are pure unfiltered facts, and please don't take my word for any of it. But I caution  you to please look these facts up before you challenge me. I'm the one that will be "loaded for bear".

I'm sure everyone knows that congressional budgets do not come from the White House. Budgets originate and are passed through the House & Senate. We all know who controlled the budget process in 2008 and 2009; and their leaders were Pelosi and Reid.

One of the many reasons I will always feel that President George W. Bush is a class act is that the economic demise started on his watch, and even though he fought the House & Senate  against increased spending, he takes full responsibility, and never once side-stepped the blame. He never once uttered that he was working with a Democrat House & Senate.

In President Bush's last year in office House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid bypassed President Bush entirely, and passed continuous resolutions to keep government running by spending until Barrack Obama was sworn in. And if you want to know what Senator Obama was doing at the that time, well he was voting for all the spending increase bills.

Then, as the ultimate slap in the face to blame on the Bush administration, newly sworn in President Obama signed the bill to complete 2009.

Yes, President Obama inherited a deficit all right, the 2007 deficit, initiated by the Democrat House & Senate. Prior to that  time the deficit was the lowest in five years, and in their fourth straight decline. After that the Democrat controlled House & Senate took control of spending.
The rest is what we call a $16.Trillion history lesson.

So, in actual facts what President Obama inherited, he inherited from himself. If our President would speak the truth he would say, "I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I expanded that deficit four-fold since January, 2009.

In signing off today's blog let me mention for the fourth time to all Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc., please don't take my word for any of these facts. Do your own research as I did. Let me know if you disagree with any of my facts and figures. I'd be glad to read your take on it.

And that's Politics with Pete for today....God Bless our country...and our troops.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all views, and am open for discussion, but will not tolerate personal attacks